Beauty will save

Beauty in everything

When a man has pity on all living creatures

When a man has pity on all living creatures. Social advertising of the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) is designed to attract people's attention to environmental issues

Social advertising of the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) is designed to attract people’s attention to environmental issues. When a man has pity on all living creatures

“When a man has pity on all living creatures, then only is he noble.” – The Buddha.
The World Wildlife Fund (WWF) designed Social advertising to attract people’s attention to environmental issues and to reflect on how each of us can change your life a little bit to help save our planet and its inhabitants. However, the modern man, blase information and advertising, unlikely to pay attention to the calls of enthusiasts.
The ecological crisis is doing what no other crisis in history has ever done – challenging us to a realization of a new humanity. According to World Resources Institute, by 2025, at least 3.5 billion people – about half the world’s populations – will live in areas without enough water for agriculture, industry, and human needs… Worldwide, water quality conditions appear to have degraded in almost all regions with intensive agriculture and in large urban and industrial areas.

Social advertising of the World Wildlife Fund

Bears. When a man has pity on all living creatures

“Human beings are made up mostly of water, in roughly the same percentage as water is to the surface of the earth. Our tissues and membranes, our brains and hearts, our sweat and tears–all reflect the same recipe for life, in which efficient use is made of those ingredients available on the surface of the earth. We are 23 percent carbon, 2.6 percent nitrogen, 1.4 percent calcium, 1.1 percent phosphorous, with tiny amounts of roughly three dozen other elements. But above all we are oxygen (61 percent) and hydrogen (10 percent), fused together in the unique molecular combination known as water, which makes up 71 percent of the human body.”
– Al Gore, Earth in the Balance

“This planet is not terra firma.
It is a delicate flower and it must be cared for.
It’s lonely.
It’s small.
It’s isolated, and there is no resupply.
And we are mistreating it.”
– Scott Carpenter, astronaut

“We must fight against the spirit of unconscious cruelty with which we treat the animals. Animals suffer as much as we do. True humanity does not allow us to impose such sufferings on them. It is our duty to make the whole world recognize it. Until we extend our circle of compassion to all living things, humanity will not find peace.”
– Albert Schweitzer, The Philosophy of Civilization

“He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals.”
– Immanuel Kant

“Animals, whom we have made our slaves, we do not like to consider our equals.”
– Charles Darwin

“We could have saved the Earth but we were too damned cheap.”
– Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

“A nation that destroys its soils destroys itself. Forests are the lungs of our land, purifying the air and giving fresh strength to our people.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt

The Three Laws of Ecology:
First Law: All forms of life are interdependent and interrelated. When one is disturbed or harmed, all are disturbed or harmed.
Second Law: The stability of ecosystems is dependent upon their diversity. Greater diversity means more stability.
Eliminating some life forms reduces stability of the whole ecosphere.
Third Law: We must conserve natural resources.
– Adapted from Patrick Moore, co-founder of Greenpeace

“If all the world’s water were fit into a gallon jug, the fresh water available for us to use would equal only about one tablespoon. A corn field of one acre gives off 4,000 gallons of water per day in evaporation. It takes about 6 gallons of water to grow a single serving of lettuce. More than 2,600 gallons is required to produce a single serving of steak.”
– Water Facts

“We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect.”
– Aldo Leopold

“Natural objects themselves, even when they make no claim to beauty, excite the feelings, and occupy the imagination. Nature pleases, attracts, delights, merely because it is nature. We recognize in it an Infinite Power.
– Karl Wilhelm Humboldt

When a man has pity on all living creatures

www.worldwildlife.org