Kolomna Palace Russia
Original wooden palace, built in 1667 -1672, Kolomna Palace amazed noblemen and foreign ambassadors with its splendor, so they even named the palace “the eighth wonder of the world”. Unfortunately, 100 years after its construction, authorities demolished the palace, because of its decrepitude. However, Empress Catherine II ordered to reconstruct a wooden model of the palace before its dismantling. And nowadays the palace reconstruction has become possible with the help of this model.
The Kolomna palace of Tsar Alexei Mikhailovich opened its doors on the 4th of September, 2010. The appearance of the palace is almost identical to that from old images.